Time & venue
Tuesday 6th, Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th September 2022
Talbot Hotel, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin
The JMB recognises the need to train and support new appointees to the post of Principal through providing a training programme incorporating two phases in their first year of appointment. Principals find this programme of great benefit to them in facing the tasks that lie ahead.
Participants are provided with practical advice as well as the chance to exchange views and network with colleagues.
Phase 1 of training will consist of a three-day programme in June before the new school year commences and Phase 2 will consist of a two-day programme in November.
Principals Training Programme
- Introduction to Principalship
- Principals and Boards of Management
- Day to Day Management
- Supervision & Substitution Scheme
- Child Protection Guidelines & Vetting
- Middle Leadership & Management
- Current Education Issues
- Contracts of employment for teachers, SNAs and ancillary staff
- Complaints, Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures
- Code of Behaviour, Suspension & Expulsion
- Introduction to Financial Supports Services Unit (FSSU)
- Introduction to Schools Procurement Unit (SPU)
€300 for Phase 1 (this does not include accommodation)
All attendees must register on-line prior to attending training/events.
Payment for JMB events/training will only be accepted by credit/debit card, as with all other on-line bookings/purchases.
Cancellation Policy: Please note that refunds will only be given if cancellation is made three days before event by email to email@example.com
If you wish to book accommodation in the Talbot Stillorgan Hotel, Stillorgan, a special discounted rate is available.
The availability is limited so please book early. It is advisable to book accommodation even if the name of the new Principal is not known and details can be updated nearer the time.
Please email bookings to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “JMB Sep 2022” to avail of this preferential rate.