Date & Time
Wednesday 23rd June
9.00am – 3.30pm
Thursday 24th June
9.00am – 4.15pm
Phase 1 will consist of a two-day online training programme.
The JMB recognises the need to train and support new appointees to the post of Principal through providing a training programme incorporating two phases in their first year of appointment. Principals will find this programme of great benefit to them in facing the tasks that lie ahead.
We are engaging with a blended learning model of training this year and our programme for Newly Appointed Principals will include:
- The Administrative Year
- The Principal and the Board of Management
- Complaints and Grievance Procedures
- The Supervision and Substitution Scheme
- Standardised School Year, Parent Teacher Meetings, Staff Meetings, Croke Park Hours
- Suspension & Dismissal of Teachers/Principals
- Middle Leadership & Management
- Code of Behaviour, Suspension & Expulsion Procedures
- Child Protection Procedures
- Q & A with the SMA Team
- Education Issues
- Schools Procurement Unit
All attendees must register online prior to attending training/events.
Please contact Elizabeth O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries regarding this training.