Date & Time
Wednesday 15th September
9.00am – 3.25pm
Thursday 16th September
9.00am – 3.45pm
Phase 1 will consist of a two-day online training programme.
The JMB recognises the need to train and support new appointees to the post of Deputy Principal through providing a training programme incorporating two phases in their first year of appointment. Deputy Principals find this programme of great benefit to them in facing the tasks that lie ahead. Participants are provided with practical advice as well as the chance to exchange views and network with colleagues.
We are engaging with a blended learning model of training this year and our programme for Newly Appointed Deputy Principals will include:
- Introduction to Deputy Principalship
- Complaints and Grievance Procedures
- Managing the S&S Scheme & Enhanced S&S
- Standardised School Year, Parent Teacher Meetings,
- Staff Meetings, Croke Park Hours
- Education Issues
- Suspension & Dismissal of Teachers/Principals
- Middle Leadership & Management
- The DP & the Code of Behaviour
- Child Protection, DDLP role, Vetting
- EAS Scheme
- Schools Procurement Unit
- Q&A with the SMA Team
Please contact Elizabeth O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries regarding this training.