Workshops have been scheduled as a follow-on to the publication of the JMB Data Protection Policy template (April 2019)
Key areas to be addressed during this half-day workshop include:
Localising the JMB Data Protection Policy
- Reviewing the outcomes of your Data Processing Audit (What Data Processing activities does your school undertake? Who are you sharing school data with? - Your List of Recipients)
- Adjusting the Policy template to fit your school
Communicating your school’s transparency information
- Publicising your Policy
- Privacy Notice(s) for pupils/parents
- Other Privacy Notices?
- Managing Consent
Planning for Accountability
- Security of Processing (Where are the areas of risk? - results of any risk assessment / DP Audit? How should you mitigate those risks?)
- Managing your Data Processors (Data Processing Agreements; Guarantees of Technical and Organisation measures)
- Staff Awareness (Data Retention Issues; Dealing with Subject Access Requests; Data Breach Management)
Note: (1) If you have any additional issues or specific questions that you wish to see addressed during the workshop then you may wish to notify these in advance to the JMB Data Protection Advisor (by email at email@example.com). (2) Follow the links to download the JMB Template Data Protection Policy and the accompanying JMB Support Note (as disseminated last April).
All attendees must register on-line prior to attending training/events.
Payment for JMB events/training will only be accepted by credit/debit card, as with all other on-line bookings/purchases.
||Cork Education Centre
||10am - 12.30pm
||Emmet House, Milltown
||10am - 12.30pm
Tea/Coffee will be available fifteen minutes before the commencement of each workshop.
Who should attend?
The workshop content will be particularly relevant for the School Principal as Secretary to the Board of Management (the body acting as Data Controller for the school). Alternatively schools may nominate others to attend (Deputy Principal/BOM members/Administrative Personnel) where they carry particular responsibility for overseeing GDPR implementation within the school.
Cost of training
€25 per person attending
Cancellation Policy: Please note that refunds will only be given if cancellation is made three days before event in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org