Time & Venue
Talbot Hotel Stillorgan, Co. Dublin
|Tuesday, 21st June
||9.00am - 5pm
|Wednesday, 22nd June
||9.00am - 5pm
|Thursday, 23rd June
||9.00am - 1pm
Phase 1 of training will consist of a three-day programme in June before the new school year commences and Phase 2 will consist of a two-day programme in November.
The JMB recognises the need to train and support new appointees to the post of Principal through providing a training programme incorporating two phases in their first year of appointment. This training programme will be of great benefit to them in facing the tasks that lie ahead. Participants are provided with practical advice as well as the chance to exchange views and network with colleague
Principals Training Programme
- Introduction to Principalship
- Principals and Boards of Management
- Day to Day Management
- Supervision & Substitution Scheme
- Child Protection Guidelines & Vetting
- Middle Leadership & Management
- Current Education Issues
- Contracts of employment for teachers, SNAs and ancillary staff
- Complaints, Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures
- Code of Behaviour, Suspension & Expulsion
- Introduction to Financial Supports Services Unit (FSSU)
- Introduction to Schools Procurement Unit (SPU)
€300 for training (this does not include accommodation)
This event has passed.
All attendees must register on-line prior to attending training/events.
Payment for JMB events/training will only be accepted by credit/debit card, as with all other on-line bookings/purchases.
Cancellation Policy: Please note that refunds will only be given if cancellation is made three days before event by email to email@example.com
Accommodation may be booked in the Talbot Stillorgan Hotel, Stillorgan. A preferential rate has been agreed but this offer is limited and given on a first come basis, please email bedroom bookings to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “JMB June 2022” to get the preferential rate.