Time & venue
Wednesday 4th, Thursday 5th & Friday 6th September 2019
Radisson Blu Hotel, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin
This training programme will commence with registration at 9.00am on Wednesday morning and will finish with lunch at 2.30pm on Friday afternoon.
The JMB recognises the need to train and support new appointees to the post of Principal through providing a training programme incorporating two phases in their first year of appointment. Principals find this programme of great benefit to them in facing the tasks that lie ahead.
Participants are provided with practical advice as well as the chance to exchange views and network with colleagues.
Phase 1 of training will consist of a three-day programme in September and Phase 2 will consist of a two-day programme in November.
- Introduction to Principalship
- Principals and Boards of Management
- Day to Day Management
- The dynamics of the principal-deputy principal leadership team
- Supervision & Substitution Scheme
- Financial Management
- Child Protection Guidelines & Vetting
- Middle Leadership & Management
- Current Education Issues
- Introduction to HR and Legal Services
- School Procurement
- Complaints, Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures
- Code of Behaviour, Suspension & Expulsion
- Introduction to School Building Advisory Services
All attendees must register on-line prior to attending training/events.
Payment for JMB events/training will only be accepted by credit/debit card, as with all other on-line bookings/purchases.
€300 for Phase 1 (does not include accommodation)
Cancellation Policy: Please note that refunds will only be given if cancellation is made three days before event in writing or by email to email@example.com
If you wish to book accommodation in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Stillorgan, a special discounted rate is available.
The availability is limited so please book early.
Please quote JMB when booking.
Radisson Blu Hotel
Phone: 01 218 6000