Time & venue
Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th & Friday 14th June 2019
Radisson Blu Hotel, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin
The JMB recognises the need to train and support new appointees to the post of Principal through providing a training programme incorporating two phases in their first year of appointment. Principals find this programme of great benefit to them in facing the tasks that lie ahead.
Participants are provided with practical advice as well as the chance to exchange views and network with colleagues.
Phase 1 of training will consist of a three-day programme in June before the new school year commences and Phase 2 will consist of a two-day programme in November.
- Introduction to Principalship
- Principals and Boards of Management
- Current Education Issues
- Administrative Year & the New Principal
- Introduction to HR and Legal Services
- Introduction to School Building Projects Advisory Services
- Child Protection Procedures
- The dynamics of the Principal-Deputy Principal Leadership team
- Financial Management
- Code of Behaviour, Suspension & Expulsion
- Middle Leadership & Management
- Day to Day Management
- Supervision & Substitution Scheme
- School Procurement
- Complaints, Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures
Training Programme (PDF)
To register please click here
All attendees must register on-line prior to attending training/events.
Payment for JMB events/training will only be accepted by credit/debit card, as with all other on-line bookings/purchases.
€300 for Phase 1 (does not include accommodation).
If you wish to book accommodation in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Stillorgan, a special discounted rate is available.
The availability is limited so please book early.
Please quote JMB when booking.
Radisson Blu Hotel
Phone: 01 218 6000