Date & Time
Wednesday 16th June
9.00am – 2.35pm
Thursday 17th June
9.00am – 3.35pm
Phase 1 will consist of a two-day online training programme.
The JMB recognises the need to train and support new appointees to the post of Deputy Principal through providing a training programme incorporating two phases in their first year of appointment. Deputy Principals find this programme of great benefit to them in facing the tasks that lie ahead. Participants are provided with practical advice as well as the chance to exchange views and network with colleagues.
We are engaging with a blended learning model of training this year and our programme for Newly Appointed Deputy Principals will include:
- Introduction to Deputy Principalship
- Complaints and Grievance Procedures
- Managing the S&S Scheme & Enhanced S&S
- Standardised School Year, Parent Teacher Meetings, Staff Meetings, Croke Park Hours
- Suspension & Dismissal of Teachers/Principals
- Middle Leadership & Management
- The DP & the Code of Behaviour
- Child Protection, DDLP role, Vetting
- Q&A with the SMA Team
- Education Issues
All attendees must register online prior to attending training/events.
Please contact Elizabeth O’Connor at email@example.com with any queries regarding this training.