Accessing the Web Portal
- Go to www.jmb.ie
- Click the button which is above the main menu bar.
- Log on using your web portal username and password. User name is the school roll number. Web portal passwords were issued to all schools last year. Please note the web portal password is different than the password used to log in to the member's area of the JMB website. If you need a password reminder for the web portal, or would like to change this password, please email .
- There are two types of information on the Web Portal - Contact Details and School Statistics.
- Contact Details
You can enter or update the contact details of the Principal, Chairperson, Deputy Principal(s), School Secretary, Accounts Secretary and Bursar
- School Statistics
The school statistics information is pre-populated, except for a number of new fields for which we have no historical information. Please check the pre-populated fields are correct, and enter data for the new fieldds.
Plesase see next section for step-by-step instructions on how to update contact details and school statistics.
Updating your school's contact details and school statistics
After logging in, you will see the contacts page.
- If all the details on the Contacts page are correct continue on to the next page by clicking the Next button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- If all the details are not correct, follow the steps below
- Click on the “Edit Contact Name” button at the side of the name in the appropriate role – the Search Contact Page opens up.
- For a new Contact fill in the details under Contact Search and click on “Add New Contact”
- To amend an existing contact name, click on “Edit” beside the name and change accordingly. (Please note that this change will not appear until the next time the form is opened up)
3. Click on the Next button at the end of the page to navigate to the next screens which contain school statistics - school details, trusteeship etc. Please update any incorrect data and fill in any blank fields.
4. When you reach the last screen (European Projects) click on the “Save & Submit” button. (The “Save” button can be used in instances where the user wishes to store the information until he/she can return and complete the form before submitting it.)
If you enquire further information on the Web Portal please contact the Secretariat staff on 01 2838255 or alternatively email
JMB Web Portal PRIVACY STATEMENT
JMB is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to the Members Details section of our website. This privacy statement relates to our practices in connection with our Web Portal. JMB fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this Web Portal without your clear permission. By using this Web Portal, you consent to the collection and use of your information under the terms of this privacy statement which is in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how we use and protect the information that you provide to us.
Information Which We Collect From You
When you visit our Web Portal you may wish to provide certain information about yourself, such as when you complete our “Contact Details Page”. JMB does not collect any personal data about you on this Web Portal, apart from the information which you volunteer to send us.
Use of Your Information
Any information which you provide using the “School Statistics” form, and in particular the “Contact Details” page, is not made available to any third parties, and is only used by JMB in line with the purposes for which you provided it i.e. By keeping contact details up to date ensures that the Principal and Chairperson will receive all JMB information e.g. Bulletins and Guidelines.
Disclosure to Other People
We do not disclose any personal information which you send to us to any third parties. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to guard against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage and we will do our best to ensure that all records we hold remain secure in line with our obligations under Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness. We review our security procedures regularly.
If you are concerned about how your personal data is processed by our Web Portal, please do not hesitate to bring these concerns to our attention using the contact details below:
JMB Secretariat of Secondary Schools